SPORT ACCIDENT INSURANCE POLICY
The Sport Accident Insurance Policy is group coverage that can be purchased for a specific JAM team. This policy pays for select medical costs on behalf of JAM members injured while playing a regular league or playoff game. This coverage is SECONDARY to any other health care plan that a player has available.
- All JAM teams that are registered by a team captain are eligible to purchase the Sport Accident Insurance policy. At this time, individual teams are not eligible.
- Once you have registered (and named) your team, a link to purchase the Sport Accident Insurance policy will be visible on your team page. By following this link, it will create a shopping cart for the policy for your team.
- Policies cover all players listed on the team roster of a specific team. ONLY players listed on the team roster are covered under that team's policy.
- A player is NOT eligible to make a claim if they are not listed on the team roster at the time of injury (players cannot be added retroactively).
- Policies are team specific. If a member plays on multiple teams, they would require multiple policies to be fully covered.
- In order to submit a claim under your team's Sport Accident Insurance Policy, a formal injury report must be submitted. Injury reports can be submitted through your team schedule page and must be attached to a specific game and include as much detail and information as possible.
- Claims WILL NOT be accepted without a formal injury report.
- Refunds can be requested prior to the start of the season in which the policy is purchased. Refunds may not be requested after the start of the season.
- No, members covered by the policy are free to use their choice of medical provider.